Thursday, June 13, 2013

Wardrobe Malfunction

She's at an awkward age, our little Lady P. Or an awkward shape, at least.

At almost 17 weeks of age, she's too long and almost too wide for her 0-3 month clothes. But her 3-6 month clothes are still a bit big. Also, now she's 17 weeks old and we've got this good thing going with the schedule, and the general return of sanity - I feel like it's no longer okay for her to wear sleep suits all day long. By the same token it's no longer okay for me to schlep around in yoga pants and sloppy joes.

This confluence of circumstances has had a number of outcomes.

1. I spent a couple hours putting away all her 0-3 months in various piles. 'Keep for the next baby', 'Hand down to friends', 'Give to charity' and 'Fit only for the rags bin in Sainsbury's carpark'. (Yes, I was sorely tempted to chuck the lot in the rags bin.)

2. Our old system of sorting her clothes into 'underneathy garments' and 'things to put on top of them' no longer suffices. So I spent most of a day digging out all her 3-6 month clothes and filing them away in her drawers, with a whole new complex system of categories.


3. She sometimes has to roll her sleeves up.

4. Now she has a waistband most days, which kinda makes her look like Humpty Dumpty. Or the fat old gent who sits outside in the precinct every day, with his trousers up over his belly (and neatly tied with string).

I hope as time goes on these wardrobe changeovers will be less traumatic. Frankly, I hope she has fewer clothes at the next changeover. And that she fits them better.

As for me, well, having signed up with a personal trainer for the next 6 weeks, I'm hoping I fit my clothes rather better too. And that I can finally dig out my 'skinny' wardrobe again.

No comments:

Post a Comment